NEW BERN - About 30 Navy Corpsmen and Marines teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to build a home from the ground up in Craven County on Saturday.
The group was made up of men and women who spent seven hours working on the home located on National Court Drive in New Bern.
"Seeing my fellow Marines and sailors out here just shows that they joined for more than just themselves and more than just a pay check," said Navy Corpsman Charles Martin. "They joined actually to help out the community."
The home will take up to three months to complete. It will go to a family of five.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today