CAMP LEJEUNE - Troops stationed overseas will be able to watch the graduation ceremony at Lejeune High School, located at the Marine Corps base.
The ceremony for 88 graduates is being held Thursday evening at the Base Theater. It will be recorded and sent via live-feed to the students' parents who are currently deployed.
School officials say the class of 2013 earned 40 scholarships amounting to $227,000. Upon graduation, 49 percent of the students obtained a cumulative grade point average greater than 3.0.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo