The state legislature and governor are expected to approve a budget this week that will not require any ferry tolls be added, and no current ferry tolls increased. In Eastern North Carolina, many people have written, emailed, and gone to the state capitol to try to stop ferry toll increases from happening.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend