Craven County - Calvary Baptist Church School is in 22nd place in the U.S. Cellular "calling all communities" campaign.
They must rank as 18th in the nation to win any prize money. The top 18 schools in the nation will split one million dollars. Just two weeks ago, Calvary Bible Church School ranked 17th.
Sunday is the last day to vote for schools in the contest. To vote, participants must go to a U.S. Cellular store and pick up a voter card.
Calvary Bible Church school was hoping to use the prize money to build a new facility for its small K-12 student base. On the top of the list, a new play ground. Currently kids play on a cement slab behind the school for recess.
Eastern Carolina schools have dominated the top 18 in past years. Once a school wins, they are permanently removed from future competitions.
As of October 15th, Greenville Elementary School was ranked 15th.
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor