PITT COUNTY - Deputies arrested two landfill workers, for allegedly using a county-issued credit card to buy personal gasoline.
James Carter and Garrett Taylor were taken into custody on Thursday. Both suspects worked at the Pitt County Waste Department.
According to investigators, Carter and Taylor used the county-issued credit card to purchase gasoline for themselves on Sept. 29th. There may be other cases of fraud and the investigation is ongoing.
The suspects were each charged with obtaining property by false pretense and financial transaction card fraud. They were released on $5,000 bonds.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike