ROSWELL, N.M. - A Roswell man is behind bars after police say he got into a fight with multiple police officers — and a stop sign.
KRQE-TV reports that 45-year-old Raymond Garcia was arrested last week following a long scuffle with police who used stun guns, pepper spray and a baton to stop him.
According to Roswell police, officers were called to an intersection Friday following reports that a man was seen having an altercation with a stop sign. When approached, authorities say Garcia ran from officers. Police say two officers shot Garcia with Taser darts but kicked them as they got close.
Police say he wiped the pepper spray off his face and threw an officer's baton at them before being subdued.
Garcia faces a number of charges.
It was unclear if he had an attorney.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton