KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police have arrested a teen accused of attempted murder in the shooting of a man in Kinston.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said 17-year-old Ed Levon Harris was arrested at about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at his home on South Adkin Street.
Police said Harris shot Keith Williams on July 3 on the 600 block of Fields Street in Kinston. There was no word on Williams' condition.
A motive in the shooting was not released.
Harris is being jailed under a $1 million bond, police said.
There has been a rash of recent shootings in Kinston. On Tuesday alone, shots were fired into two different Kinston homes, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On July 9, a 21-year-old was shot at Mitchell Wooten Apartments in Kinston, said investigators. At last check, police were still looking for the gunman. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On June 23, a man was found dead with a gunshot wound at a home on Williams Street, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor