KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police have arrested a teen accused of attempted murder in the shooting of a man in Kinston.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said 17-year-old Ed Levon Harris was arrested at about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at his home on South Adkin Street.
Police said Harris shot Keith Williams on July 3 on the 600 block of Fields Street in Kinston. There was no word on Williams' condition.
A motive in the shooting was not released.
Harris is being jailed under a $1 million bond, police said.
There has been a rash of recent shootings in Kinston. On Tuesday alone, shots were fired into two different Kinston homes, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On July 9, a 21-year-old was shot at Mitchell Wooten Apartments in Kinston, said investigators. At last check, police were still looking for the gunman. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On June 23, a man was found dead with a gunshot wound at a home on Williams Street, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens