KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police have arrested a teen accused of attempted murder in the shooting of a man in Kinston.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said 17-year-old Ed Levon Harris was arrested at about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at his home on South Adkin Street.
Police said Harris shot Keith Williams on July 3 on the 600 block of Fields Street in Kinston. There was no word on Williams' condition.
A motive in the shooting was not released.
Harris is being jailed under a $1 million bond, police said.
There has been a rash of recent shootings in Kinston. On Tuesday alone, shots were fired into two different Kinston homes, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On July 9, a 21-year-old was shot at Mitchell Wooten Apartments in Kinston, said investigators. At last check, police were still looking for the gunman. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
On June 23, a man was found dead with a gunshot wound at a home on Williams Street, police said. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County