KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A train hit a woman in Kinston Monday morning, sending her to a hospital, police said.
Investigators told NewsChannel 12 the train hit the victim near Queen Street at about 11 a.m. The Kinston Free Press reported that the victim's cart became caught in the rails.
The woman was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville with non-life threatening injuries, police said. Her identity had not been released
Crews from Raleigh came to inspect the scene before the train was allowed to resume its route.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend