KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police say they are searching for whoever shot and injured a man in Kinston over the weekend.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said the shooting happened in the area of building 28 at Carver Court, located on the 300 block of East Shine Street. Officers responded at about 12:41 a.m. Saturday.
When officers arrived, they found several shell casings and two damaged vehicles-- one outside of building 27 and another on East Street, police said.
A short time later, investigators were told that 19-year-old Tiawaquan Delano Moore was being treated at Lenoir Memorial Hospital. The man suffered a gunshot wound to his groin area, said police.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call Kinston Police at 252-939-3220 or their tips line at 252-939-4020. Tips can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend