KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police say they are searching for whoever shot and injured a man in Kinston over the weekend.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said the shooting happened in the area of building 28 at Carver Court, located on the 300 block of East Shine Street. Officers responded at about 12:41 a.m. Saturday.
When officers arrived, they found several shell casings and two damaged vehicles-- one outside of building 27 and another on East Street, police said.
A short time later, investigators were told that 19-year-old Tiawaquan Delano Moore was being treated at Lenoir Memorial Hospital. The man suffered a gunshot wound to his groin area, said police.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call Kinston Police at 252-939-3220 or their tips line at 252-939-4020. Tips can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway