KINSTON - A local murder case and its investigator are set to be featured on the Investigation Discovery Network Saturday.
Eric Smith, a former State Bureau of Investigation agent will be featured on an episode of "Deadly Sins" to tell his story of investigating the 1992 murder of Billy White, a well-known insurance salesman from Kinston.
White's wife, Sylvia Ipock-White, was convicted in 1995 of hiring a hit man to kill her husband. Ipock was also convicted of the murder of her stepson, Billy White Jr, and is serving life in prison for the murders.
"For Craven County, for Lenoir County, for Pitt County, it was a case that had people up and at arms," Smith, who was the lead investigator in the case, said.
The case was previously featured on the Investigation Discovery's New Detective Series, but Smith said the "Deadly Sins" episode will include more detail about the investigation.
The episode is set to air at 9 p.m. on Saturday.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race