Kinston Mayor B.J. Murphy took the oath for his second consecutive term Monday night.
Murphy beat Ralph Clark and John Marks in last month's election.
Murphy, who is Kinston's youngest mayor, won the election with a little more than 46% percent of the vote.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results