Kinston Mayor B.J. Murphy took the oath for his second consecutive term Monday night.
Murphy beat Ralph Clark and John Marks in last month's election.
Murphy, who is Kinston's youngest mayor, won the election with a little more than 46% percent of the vote.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches