After a very rainy August, the first day of September is kicking off with sunshine. The Pirates will be taking on the Mountaineers under fair skies afternoon. An area of high pressure has alowed us to stay mostly sunny, despite incoming clouds from the once-tropical-storm Isaac.
Temps look to be in the low to mid 80's for kick off at noon. By half time, it will start to feel like it is in the 90's. Be careful to grab that sunscreen and stay hydrated. Even though there will be intermittent high clouds, UV rays will be strong.
There is a 20% chance a stray shower will roll through Greenville this afternoon. But for the most part, it will be a seasonably warm start to the college ball season for ECU.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew