PINE KNOLL SHORES - The 6th annual Kayak for the Warriors happened in Pine Knoll Shores, Saturday.
175 people kayaked and paddle boarded through the canals on the island to raise money to help wounded service members and their families.
The race route is 3.2 miles long. Many wounded service members and their family members took part in the event.
The organization Hope for the Warriors put on the event. More than $60,000 were raised from the kayak race and an auction Friday night.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches