NEW BERN - Fire marshal Danny Hill confirms a man is being treated for hypothermia after his kayak took on water, forcing the man into the Neuse River.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in New Bern, near the Persimmons restaurant area of the river.
Hill said the unidentified kayaker was forced to leave his boat when it started taking in water. The man was rescued from a nearby boater who heard the man call for help.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck