NEW BERN - Fire marshal Danny Hill confirms a man is being treated for hypothermia after his kayak took on water, forcing the man into the Neuse River.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in New Bern, near the Persimmons restaurant area of the river.
Hill said the unidentified kayaker was forced to leave his boat when it started taking in water. The man was rescued from a nearby boater who heard the man call for help.
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting to keep its Iraqi stronghold