NEW BERN - Fire marshal Danny Hill confirms a man is being treated for hypothermia after his kayak took on water, forcing the man into the Neuse River.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in New Bern, near the Persimmons restaurant area of the river.
Hill said the unidentified kayaker was forced to leave his boat when it started taking in water. The man was rescued from a nearby boater who heard the man call for help.
- Updated Why Kansas killing won't end American dream for many Indians
- Updated Kim Jong Nam killing suspects to be charged with murder, minister says
- Updated Chile floods: Millions without access to drinking water
- Parents of Los Angeles Laker player to present $25,000 check
- America's favorite retailer is...