NEW BERN - Fire marshal Danny Hill confirms a man is being treated for hypothermia after his kayak took on water, forcing the man into the Neuse River.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in New Bern, near the Persimmons restaurant area of the river.
Hill said the unidentified kayaker was forced to leave his boat when it started taking in water. The man was rescued from a nearby boater who heard the man call for help.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns