NEW BERN - Fire marshal Danny Hill confirms a man is being treated for hypothermia after his kayak took on water, forcing the man into the Neuse River.
The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in New Bern, near the Persimmons restaurant area of the river.
Hill said the unidentified kayaker was forced to leave his boat when it started taking in water. The man was rescued from a nearby boater who heard the man call for help.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball