CRAVEN COUNTY - A kayaker and his 6-year-old daughter stuck on an island in the Neuse River have been rescued.
According to the Coast Guard, high winds pushed the kayaker and his daughter out from Matthews Point Marina, near Clubfoot Creek east of Havelock.
The kayaker and his 6-year-old daughter ended up on Great Island, about 2 miles from the marina, the Coast Guard said. Officials said they received the distress call just before 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Cherry Point Fire Department rescued the father and daughter from the island. They were not hurt.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants