KANSAS - Fears of E. coli contamination have prompted a major beef recall.
Kansas-based National Beef Packaging Co. has recalled 50,000 pounds of ground beef that may be contaminated. This is the company's second recall this summer.
So far, no one has gotten sick.
The beef affected has been sold to markets, wholesalers and food service distributors around the country. The product carries the establishment number "208A" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 76,000 people are infected with E. coli every year.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son