GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they have arrested a juvenile accused of using a knife to try to rob a Food Lion in Greenville.
According to the Greenville Police Department, the attempted robbery happened at the Food Lion on Red Banks Road at about 5:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators said the juvenile entered the store with a knife and demanded money. But someone inside of the store called 911.
Greenville officers were already patrolling the area, and were able to arrest the juvenile while he was still in the store, according to police.
No one was injured, investigators said. Because of the juvenile suspect's age, police said they will not be releasing his name.
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats