GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they have arrested a juvenile accused of using a knife to try to rob a Food Lion in Greenville.
According to the Greenville Police Department, the attempted robbery happened at the Food Lion on Red Banks Road at about 5:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators said the juvenile entered the store with a knife and demanded money. But someone inside of the store called 911.
Greenville officers were already patrolling the area, and were able to arrest the juvenile while he was still in the store, according to police.
No one was injured, investigators said. Because of the juvenile suspect's age, police said they will not be releasing his name.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing