JONES COUNTY - Jury selection began in Jones County Monday in the trial of a man accused of shooting another man in the face, killing the victim.
Dennis Sherwood Lewis (pictured), 55, is charged with murder in the shooting death of 62-year-old Edward Bell, known as "Earl" by friends and family.
Bell was found dead outside his home near Pollocksville in January 2011, investigators said. He was shot in the face.
A motive is unclear.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.