NORTH CAROLINA - The unemployment numbers are down in 81 counties in North Carolina for the month of June.
Overall, the state rate was down 2.1 percent from June 2013.
The numbers do not take into account people who have stopped looking for jobs or seasonal work.
Below are the percentages the unemployment rate has fallen for Eastern North Carolina counties since 2013.
-Beaufort County: 2.8%
-Bertie County: 2.5%
-Carteret County: 1.8%
-Craven County: 2.0%
-Duplin County: 2.1%
-Greene County: 2.7%
-Hyde County: 2.7%
-Jones County: 1.5%
-Lenoir County: 2.0%
-Martin County: 2.9%
-Onslow County: 1.5%
-Pamlico County: 2.1%
-Pitt County: 2.1%
-Tyrrell County: 2.0%
-Washington County: 3.0%
Scotland County had the highest unemployment rate in the state at 12.1 percent.
Yancey County had the largest reduction in unemployment.
The next unemployment update will issued around August 18.
- New Second 15th Street widening project meeting slated for Monday
- New ECU to host four-day symposium focusing on migration issues
- Updated Crowds flock to Saudi Arabia's first Comic Con
- Updated Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations