ONSLOW COUNTY - An Onslow County judge allows a Marine accused of assaulting a cab driver to enter a rehab facility out of state. Tuesday in a pretrial release hearing, a judge decided that Adam Kinosh, a Camp Lejeune Marine, could go to an unsecured mental health and patient facility; Marine Corps officials, however, must check on him daily.
Investigators believe the Gunnery Sergeant is the man caught on taxi dash-cam video from the early morning hours of September 10. The video, released by Island Taxi Cab Company owner Rex Bowen, showed a verbal argument between the driver and the man in the passenger seat. That argument, the video showed, turned physically violent in Surf City.
The driver of that cab, Charles Hawkesworth, 26, suffered multiple facial fractures. Hawkesworth's former boss, Bowen said Hawkesworth will be in court Tuesday.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed