MAYSVILLE - Alvin Andrew Blango, 29 of 201 Market Street, Trenton, was arrested and charged during a traffic stop Thursday night, according to the Jones County Sheriff's Department.
Jones County Deputies and Maysville Policeman say they had just started a license checking station on Hwy 17, just north of Maysville, when a vehicle that was traveling southbound turned off and appeared to be avoiding the check point.
A deputy initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle, which had pulled into a driveway. The driver, Blango, attempted to walk away from the vehicle, but was promptly stopped, according to investigators.
The deputy learned that the driver had a revoked license and outstanding warrants for drug and traffic offenses from both Jones and Craven counties.
While the driver was being taken into custody, lawmen discovered a bag located just outside of the vehicle, containing a felonious amount of marijuana and powder cocaine, as well as a Trafficking amount of Crack Cocaine.
Blango faces a long list of charges including, three counts of trafficking "crack" Cocaine.
Mr. Blango is currently in the custody of the Jones County Jail under a $37,500 Secured Bond and is awaiting trial.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns