Jones County - The Jones County Sheriff's Office says two separate incidents Saturday night lead to one arrest and a a warrant for arrest being issued for another suspect.
Jones County Sheriff's Deputy John Ervin says deputies caught a suspect in a road rage incident but are still looking for another man concerning illegal drugs found during a traffic stop.
Officials say the first incident involving illegal drugs happened just before 10 p.m.
Deputies say a stolen firearm and cocaine were found in 24 year-old Norman Vontrae Hill's car during a traffic stop in Maysville. Deputies say he ran away after being pulled over. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Hill is facing four felony charges and one misdemeanor charge.
A short time later, deputies responded to Highway 17 near Pollocksville concerning a case of road rage according to Sheriff Danny Heath.
Officials say driver, Nicholas Greene, repeatedly rammed into a car driven by a family with their young son. Heath says the driver then tried to get away but crashed into another vehicle.
Deputies were able to catch the suspect at the scene.
Witness say the two accidents happened about a block away from each other. Greene is being charged with four counts of assault with a deadly weapon and DWI.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend