PITT COUNTY - Authorities in Pitt County are working to identify a "John Doe" who has been accused of sex crimes against female juveniles.
Pitt County deputies arrested the 32-year-old man Friday on charges of indecent liberties with a child, first degree sexual offense, and statutory rape.
The suspect, of Derek Street in Greenville, is being held under a $1 million secured bond.
The investigation began in late January, when deputies responded to Vidant Medical Center, where two female juveniles were being treated for sexual assault.
The investigation showed that the incidents of sexual assault occurred over eight months at a mobile home park, authorities said.
The suspect identified himself as Jose Antonio Solis Morales, but investigators could not confirm the suspect's name, so he was booked as "John Doe."
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications