PITT COUNTY - Authorities in Pitt County are working to identify a "John Doe" who has been accused of sex crimes against female juveniles.
Pitt County deputies arrested the 32-year-old man Friday on charges of indecent liberties with a child, first degree sexual offense, and statutory rape.
The suspect, of Derek Street in Greenville, is being held under a $1 million secured bond.
The investigation began in late January, when deputies responded to Vidant Medical Center, where two female juveniles were being treated for sexual assault.
The investigation showed that the incidents of sexual assault occurred over eight months at a mobile home park, authorities said.
The suspect identified himself as Jose Antonio Solis Morales, but investigators could not confirm the suspect's name, so he was booked as "John Doe."
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend