NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A Jeep and a police car collided in New Bern late Tuesday afternoon.
The wreck happened at the intersection of Amhurst Boulevard and South Glenburnie Road, near the Fuel Warehouse.
According to an officer at the scene , a New Bern police officer was trying to turn left from Amhurst Boulevard onto South Glenburnie Road. Traffic was already stopped on Glenburnie due to a red light, and a gap was created to let the officer through.
But a Jeep traveling on South Glenburnie Road and the police car then collided, said investigators.
The driver of the Jeep suffered minor injuries and was taken to the ER as a precaution, police said. The officer was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing. South Glenburnie Road in the area of the accident is back open.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway