NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A Jeep and a police car collided in New Bern late Tuesday afternoon.
The wreck happened at the intersection of Amhurst Boulevard and South Glenburnie Road, near the Fuel Warehouse.
According to an officer at the scene , a New Bern police officer was trying to turn left from Amhurst Boulevard onto South Glenburnie Road. Traffic was already stopped on Glenburnie due to a red light, and a gap was created to let the officer through.
But a Jeep traveling on South Glenburnie Road and the police car then collided, said investigators.
The driver of the Jeep suffered minor injuries and was taken to the ER as a precaution, police said. The officer was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing. South Glenburnie Road in the area of the accident is back open.
- Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Updated Seattle's drive for an NBA team got an assist
- Updated Neera Tanden on Clinton email server: 'They wanted to get away with it'
- Updated Arizona sheriff charged with criminal contempt
- Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets