KINSTON - Authorities say they've broken up an illegal drug ring going on inside the Lenoir County Detention Center.
Investigators say Jaleisa Gooding was smuggling cigarettes and marijuana into the jail.
They say the drugs were smuggled in prescription containers with legitimate products in them.
The detention center nursing staff found the illegal drugs earlier this month.
Five inmates are also charged. Willie Smith, Deshaun Yates, Darrell Koonce, Teashone Washington, and Tahj Simmons are each charged with conspiracy to deliver marijuana and misdemeanor conspiracy.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today