KINSTON - Authorities say they've broken up an illegal drug ring going on inside the Lenoir County Detention Center.
Investigators say Jaleisa Gooding was smuggling cigarettes and marijuana into the jail.
They say the drugs were smuggled in prescription containers with legitimate products in them.
The detention center nursing staff found the illegal drugs earlier this month.
Five inmates are also charged. Willie Smith, Deshaun Yates, Darrell Koonce, Teashone Washington, and Tahj Simmons are each charged with conspiracy to deliver marijuana and misdemeanor conspiracy.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact