JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A young volunteer from Eastern North Carolina is recognized with a special honor from Congress.
Carol Ann Schwarzenbach, 16, of Jacksonville recently received the Congressional Volunteer Award in Washington, DC.
Senator Richard Burr and Congressman Walter Jones presented the award.
Schwarzenbach has completed more than 400 hours of volunteer service with the Onslow County chapter of the American Red Cross. She thanked her mother for encouraging her to apply for the award.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth