JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY -

A Jacksonville tattoo shop is temporarily closed after a fire Sunday night.

The fire happened at Bombs Away Tattoo at 407 Western Blvd. at about 8:20 p.m. Sunday.

Jacksonville Fire Division Chief John Reed said someone drove by the shop and saw smoke coming out of the back of the building. That person then called 911.

Reed said the shop owner, Brian Wolfe, was receiving text messages that his building was on fire. He arrived on scene early enough to unlock a door so fire crews could get through.

The majority of the fire was contained to the rear of the attic, but there was smoke damage throughout the entire building, said Reed. Electrical issues with the bathroom vent on the main floor ceiling may have sparked the fire, Reed explained.

No one was hurt.

Bombs Away Tattoo posted on its Facebook page that it is temporarily closed so renovations and cleanup can be completed.

Reed said an electrician will come in and look over the building.

--

CLICK HERE to get updates at Bombs Away Tattoo's Facebook page.