JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Jacksonville Police told NewsChannel 12 they are investigating the death of a child.
Officers were called to a home on the 100 block of Westminster Drive at about 9:23 a.m. Wednesday. When they got there, the found the child not breathing and unresponsive, according to Beth Purcell of Jacksonville Police.
Firefighters tried to save the child. The victim was then taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital, where the child was pronounced dead, Purcell said.
Police are still investigating the circumstances of the child's death. They have not released the age or identity of the victim. NewsChannel 12 is working to get more facts on this developing story,
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend