JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Jacksonville Police told NewsChannel 12 they are investigating the death of a child.
Officers were called to a home on the 100 block of Westminster Drive at about 9:23 a.m. Wednesday. When they got there, the found the child not breathing and unresponsive, according to Beth Purcell of Jacksonville Police.
Firefighters tried to save the child. The victim was then taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital, where the child was pronounced dead, Purcell said.
Police are still investigating the circumstances of the child's death. They have not released the age or identity of the victim. NewsChannel 12 is working to get more facts on this developing story,
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- What has changed since the WDBJ shooting one year ago
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more