JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville man is arrested for kidnapping Saturday morning.
The Onslow County sheriff's office says they received a report of a kidnapping just after 2 a.m. Responding deputies located and detained 29 year old homeless man, Garrick Cale Leighton Freitas. He was later arrested and charged.
Freitas is in the Onslow County jail under a $40,000 secured bond charged with second degree kidnapping and assault by pointing a gun.
Officials say the victim in the incident was not hurt.
There's no word on where the kidnapping took place. However, investigators say the incident appears to be isolated and their investigation is ongoing.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns