JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville man is arrested for kidnapping Saturday morning.
The Onslow County sheriff's office says they received a report of a kidnapping just after 2 a.m. Responding deputies located and detained 29 year old homeless man, Garrick Cale Leighton Freitas. He was later arrested and charged.
Freitas is in the Onslow County jail under a $40,000 secured bond charged with second degree kidnapping and assault by pointing a gun.
Officials say the victim in the incident was not hurt.
There's no word on where the kidnapping took place. However, investigators say the incident appears to be isolated and their investigation is ongoing.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend