ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville man has been accused of kidnapping a 21-year-old. That's according to court documents.
Darren Lycell Skinner, 33, of Ramsey Drive in Jacksonville, was charged with first degree kidnapping, felony conspiracy, simple assault, and communicating threats. Skinner is scheduled to have a First Appearance in Onslow County District Court on Monday.
Skinner allegedly conspired with another man to kidnap, assault with a deadly weapon, and sexually assault the 21-year-old on June 16th. Court documents state that the victim was seriously injured and sexually assaulted.
Skinner, and the other man, allegedly told the victim that "if she was to tell anyone the incident, they would kill her."
NewsChannel 12 is working to gather more details about the incident.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says