A Jacksonville Insurance business wanted to help the local homeless population after seeing homeless people on the streets while driving to work.
On Tuesday we stopped by SIA Group in Jacksonville where they had things like toothbrushes, deodorant and paper towels to give to the Onslow Homeless Shelter.
The items were set out on a table for the Onslow Community Outreach Executive Director to pick up and take back to the shelter.
"We're a very tight knit family as you can tell. We're very involved with the community and we have some employees who have driven by highway 17 and had noticed some homeless people and they came back and said what can SIA Group do to make a difference," said SIA Group Risk Advisor Suzanne Ringham.
The group also donated a $500 check towards the homeless shelter.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville