JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville-based company hosted a job fair Tuesday for locals to fill more than 200 open customer service positions.
Convergys, a company that deals with customer service and technical support for many Fortune 500 companies, has many positions available for those right here in Jacksonville and Onslow County.
Those interested in positions Tuesday took a personality and computer skills test.
Representatives say they're looking for those with strong communication skills and interest in technology.
Lori Anne Davis with Convergys says the company is happy to hire locally and contribute to the already growing economy.
"We're excited that as Jacksonville and Onslow County have grown, we've been able to grow into that community and bring people back into the workforce," Davis said.
She says the company has grown in the military community and hopes veterans will take interest in these positions.
For more information on the company, visit http://www.convergys.com/
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike