JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A local bicyclist isn't letting the hot and humid weather slow him down.
NewsChannel 12 talked with Shawn Kane, the manager of Bicycle Gallery on New Bridge Street in Jacksonville, about how to stay healthy during the recent hot weather.
"I'm going through about four bottles an hour if I'm in the heat of the day," Kane said.
Kane tries to beat the heat by switching his work outs to early morning or evening. He also steers toward weather appropriate clothing.
"This fabric is specially designed with a UPF rating on it to block some of that UV radiation that would normally be burning you," Kane said about some of the clothing at his store.
If you're going to be outside for a while, you may want to look for an insulated water bottle instead of a regular water bottle.
Finally, Kane said there are tabs available for your water to keep your electrolyte levels up.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting