HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York zoo's pregnant giraffe has its own website, a GoFundMe page, an apparel line and millions of people worldwide watching live-streaming video waiting for it to give birth.
The 15-year-old long-legged internet star is named April and is expected to give birth any time now in an enclosed pen at the Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville, a rural village 130 miles northwest of New York City.
The privately owned zoo's giraffe cam began live-streaming video from April's enclosure last week. The feed has totaled more than 15 million views on YouTube as people around the world check on April's condition.
The birth of April's fourth calf was still pending Thursday, when the live video was getting more than 115,000 views.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping