A New York woman who was undergoing an operation says her surgeon used his cellphone during surgery.
According to The Associated Press, Mary Edwards, 70, was having surgery to correct her varicose veins when she says her doctor, Eric Fishman, began to take a language test on his cellphone. After the surgery, Edwards says Fishman told her he was taking a Spanish proficiency test.
Edwards is suing Fishman and his employer, Westmed Medical Group, for an unspecified amount of money in damages.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures