WASHINGTON - As much of the country, watching via a live camera feed, waits in anticipation for April the giraffe to give birth to her calf at the Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville, New York, a mom-to-be made viewers on Facebook laugh with her own impersonation of the giraffe cam on Sunday.
Erin Dietrich, a photographer from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, streamed herself pacing around her bedroom, wearing a giraffe mask and showing off her 39-week baby bump for almost eight minutes on Facebook Live. Dietrich and her husband Scott are expecting their fourth child, due March 14.
Occasionally, she sits, stretches or gently dances in the video-- not unlike April the giraffe, who spends most of her days pacing her enclosure or lying down.
By Monday morning, the video had been viewed over nine million times.
Dietrich told ABC7 she likes to watch April when she can't sleep at night, so she and her husband thought it would be funny to order a mask and make their own version of the giraffe cam. Dietrich also said she never expected so many people to watch her video, calling the reaction "insane."
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving
- Greenville Police officer arrested, charged with misdemeanor larceny
- Updated Fatal crash involving multiple cars being investigated by police
- Five more arrested in round two of Onslow Co. Sheriff's Office drug operation
- Updated Epiphany School holds annual Rise Against Hunger event