BALTIMORE, MD - A transgender woman from Kinston is found dead in Baltimore Wednesday morning. She was the sibling of NBA player Reggie Bullock of Kinston.
Baltimore Police say Mia Henderson, who was born and raised in Kinston as Kevin Long, was found dead early Wednesday morning in an alley in Baltimore. Police say they are investigating to see if Henderson's murder is connected to the murder of another transgender female that happened nearby on June 3rd.
Police have not identified any suspects.
Kevin Long grew up in Kinston and went to Kinston High School. She later changed his name to Mia Henderson.
Reggie Bullock, who plays for the Los Angeles Clippers, tweeted Wednesday evening, saying "All I can say is my brother showed me how to live your "OWN LIFE" love you soo much man. gone but not forgotten #RIPKEVIN."
Bullock is heading into his second season with the Clippers. He was a first-round draft pick last year out of the University of North Carolina.
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found
- Updated Police in Nice force woman to remove part of clothing