CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County man is arrested and charged with the statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl he met on Facebook.
Alan DeBoer, 20, was arrested in late March. He faces three charges - statutory rape, solicitation of a child and second degree kidnapping.
The girl is from Johnston County. Investigators say DeBoer met the girl on Facebook, talked with her for two months and then drove to Johnston County where he allegedly took the girl to a motel and had sex with her.
- Updated Lawsuit: Mississippi deprives blacks of equal education
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Local teacher plays role in development of US Forest Service museum
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race