FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) - Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating what caused a vacant home to explode early Wednesday morning.
It happened just after 2:30 a.m. in the 3300 block of Cumberland Road near Mayfair Street.
The house was completely destroyed. No one was hurt.
Authorities said the blast rocked the neighborhood and shattered windows in nearby homes.
Further details surrounding the incident not been released.
Traffic along Cumberland Road between Boone Trail and Natal Street has been rerouted as authorities investigate.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 as we continue to gather the facts.
(Copyright ©2013 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position