FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) - Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating what caused a vacant home to explode early Wednesday morning.
It happened just after 2:30 a.m. in the 3300 block of Cumberland Road near Mayfair Street.
The house was completely destroyed. No one was hurt.
Authorities said the blast rocked the neighborhood and shattered windows in nearby homes.
Further details surrounding the incident not been released.
Traffic along Cumberland Road between Boone Trail and Natal Street has been rerouted as authorities investigate.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 as we continue to gather the facts.
(Copyright ©2013 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump
- Updated Inequality is widening, even in real estate
- Updated Landmark US commercial flight lands in Cuba
- Updated Donald Trump to deliver highly anticipated immigration speech following Mexico visit