FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) - Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating what caused a vacant home to explode early Wednesday morning.
It happened just after 2:30 a.m. in the 3300 block of Cumberland Road near Mayfair Street.
The house was completely destroyed. No one was hurt.
Authorities said the blast rocked the neighborhood and shattered windows in nearby homes.
Further details surrounding the incident not been released.
Traffic along Cumberland Road between Boone Trail and Natal Street has been rerouted as authorities investigate.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 as we continue to gather the facts.
(Copyright ©2013 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend