With the Lenoir County sheriff set to leave his post, commissioners have appointed an interim sheriff to take his place.
According to the Kinston Free Press, Chief Deputy Chris Hill was appointed as the interim sheriff of Lenoir County. He will take on the role when Sheriff Billy Smith retires on March 31st.
Sheriff Smith, a Democrat, has been in office since 1989. His term will run out in 2014.
Meanwhile, Lenoir County Fire Marshal Deral Raynor is set to leave his post this week. EMS Director Roger Dail will cover duties until new a marshal is hired.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return