PITT COUNTY - Two people have been arrested for allegedly staging an auto accident in Pitt County to make fraudulent insurance claims.
According to Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin, 33-year-old Larry Bernard Wooten Jr., of Greenville, and 27-year-old Ronnie Brenell Cox, of Winterville, have each been charged with filing a false police report, insurance fraud and obtaining property by false pretense.
Investigators said the suspects had planned to defraud State Farm Insurance Company and RepWest Insurance Company of several thousand dollars. On Aug. 3, the suspects allegedly submitted fraudulent documentation for injuries caused by a staged vehicle accident.
Wooten was arrested on Oct. 16 and was jailed under $5,000 secured bond. Cox was arrested the next day and was issued a $10,000 secured bond.
Investigators said they are still searching for a third suspect- Mallory Staten, 36, of Greenville. Staten is wanted for filing a false police report, insurance fraud and obtaining property by false pretense.
Anyone with information on Staten's whereabouts is asked to contact the North Carolina Department of Insurance Criminal Investigations Division at 919-807-6840.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects