MOREHEAD CITY - The 2014 Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament is in the books with the boat "Inspiration" winning first prize with a 754.3 pound blue marlin.
Five blue marlin qualified for the tournament for the 56th year. In 2013, only two marlin were weighed in above 400 pounds, the weight needed to qualify.
Coming in second, the Eye Catcher pulled in a 606.9 pound marlin. Third, the Ava D with a 491.4 pound marlin.
Three fish this year were caught on the opening day of the tournament. Two other fish were caught on Thursday. All of the other fishing days, no blue marlin were weighed.
The tournament runs everyday starting Monday, June 9 to Saturday, June 14.
For more information on the tournament, head to http://www.thebigrock.com/.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list