JACKSONVILLE - Injured Jacksonville High School wrestler Hugo Rubirosa is finally home.
He was released from Vidant Medical Center's rehabilitation center on Thursday, and Hugo even finished his final art project before an ambulance took him home to Swansboro.
The teenager was severely injured in a wrestling match in January.
He fell on his neck, paralyzing him from the neck down. However, he has since regained movement in his arms and chest and can feel sensations in his legs.
"I can't wait to see all my friends and being able to relax in my bed," Rubirosa said.
Hugo says his school will pick him each day. After school, they will take him to his outpatient rehabilitation at Onslow Memorial Hospital.
- Updated Dog recovering after being hit by hunting arrow
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'