EDENTON - Friday's tornadoes have claimed one life. An 11-month-old boy died from injuries sustained from the storm.
Gavin Soto died Sunday, two days after his home collapsed on top of him.
Soto's uncle, Richard Bain explained Gavin was in a medically induced coma prior to the baby's death. A beam fell on soto and his aunt after the tornado hit their home.
While in Chowan County, Governor Pat McCrory confirmed the death of the infant. The area where the death occurred had winds of 125 mph.
At this time the identity of the victim is unknown along with the injuries they sustained.
Stay with NewsChannel12 for updates.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station