EDENTON - Friday's tornadoes have claimed one life. An 11-month-old boy died from injuries sustained from the storm.
Gavin Soto died Sunday, two days after his home collapsed on top of him.
Soto's uncle, Richard Bain explained Gavin was in a medically induced coma prior to the baby's death. A beam fell on soto and his aunt after the tornado hit their home.
While in Chowan County, Governor Pat McCrory confirmed the death of the infant. The area where the death occurred had winds of 125 mph.
At this time the identity of the victim is unknown along with the injuries they sustained.
Stay with NewsChannel12 for updates.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals