MANTEO - An Ohio man charged with killing his on-and-off girlfriend in North Carolina has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge.
The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk reported that a grand jury indicted 27-year-old Nathan Summerfield in the death of Lynn Jackenheimer of Ashland, Ohio. The 33-year-old mother of two disappeared while she and Summerfield were vacationing in Salvo on Hatteras Island over the July 4th holiday.
Later that month, a medical examiner identified a body found on Hatteras Island as Jackenheimer. An autopsy showed that Jackenheimer was strangled and stabbed.
No hearings have been set for Summerfield.
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims