RALEIGH - Governor-elect Pat McCrory will be sworn in on Saturday, January 5 at 12:00 p.m.
Traditionally, swearing in is conducted on the second Saturday of the year.
However, McCrory is swearing in early to ensure that his cabinet and leadership team is in place prior to the General Assembly's opening session on Wednesday, January 9.
Inauguration festivities will be held on Saturday, January 12 in Capital Square were Governor McCrory will participate in the events and deliver his inaugural address.
Between January 5 and 12, the Governor will attend official and inaugural activities while holding open houses across the state.
Governor-elect Pat McCrory is the first GOP governor elected in 20 years.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list
- Updated Onslow County Sheriff's Office seeking missing person