WILSON, N.C. - A tractor-trailer caught fire after it hit a van in the emergency lane, causing authorities to close the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Wilson County.
The state Transportation Department says I-95 South was closed at Exit 116, which is the exit for N.C. 42 in Wilson County after the wreck Saturday morning. Highway Patrol Trooper Kevin Woods said the tractor-trailer struck the van in the rear.
One person was critically injured, and two others also were injured.
Officials established a detour route until the southbound lanes reopened Saturday afternoon.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso