WILSON, N.C. - A tractor-trailer caught fire after it hit a van in the emergency lane, causing authorities to close the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Wilson County.
The state Transportation Department says I-95 South was closed at Exit 116, which is the exit for N.C. 42 in Wilson County after the wreck Saturday morning. Highway Patrol Trooper Kevin Woods said the tractor-trailer struck the van in the rear.
One person was critically injured, and two others also were injured.
Officials established a detour route until the southbound lanes reopened Saturday afternoon.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating