WILSON, N.C. - A tractor-trailer caught fire after it hit a van in the emergency lane, causing authorities to close the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Wilson County.
The state Transportation Department says I-95 South was closed at Exit 116, which is the exit for N.C. 42 in Wilson County after the wreck Saturday morning. Highway Patrol Trooper Kevin Woods said the tractor-trailer struck the van in the rear.
One person was critically injured, and two others also were injured.
Officials established a detour route until the southbound lanes reopened Saturday afternoon.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Microsoft expected to launch a Surface PC, Windows 10 updates
- Updated Calais Jungle: Fires rage in migrant camp
- Updated What it takes to work at a haunted house
- Updated Clinton attends Adele concert, singer says 'I am 100%' for her
- Updated Dreamworld accident: victims of theme park tragedy named