JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A spokesperson for The North Carolina Department of Transportation said due to recent wet weather there will construction delays.
Work on the Highway 17 bridge over a Camp Lejeune Marine Base tank trail just north of Holly Ridge will be extended until July 25.
The daily intermittent lane closures will occur from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday, as crews replace the bridge expansion joints.
The bridge work was originally supposed to be completed by July 19.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens