JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A spokesperson for The North Carolina Department of Transportation said due to recent wet weather there will construction delays.
Work on the Highway 17 bridge over a Camp Lejeune Marine Base tank trail just north of Holly Ridge will be extended until July 25.
The daily intermittent lane closures will occur from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday, as crews replace the bridge expansion joints.
The bridge work was originally supposed to be completed by July 19.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend