The Buddy Phillips Bridge over the New River on Hwy. 17 in Jacksonville opened to traffic Thursday.
The work was scheduled to be finished Monday but took a few days longer.
The project took three years to complete and cost almost $12 million dollars.
The old bridge was considered one of the worst in our state, according to AAA Carolinas.
- New Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found