The Buddy Phillips Bridge over the New River on Hwy. 17 in Jacksonville opened to traffic Thursday.
The work was scheduled to be finished Monday but took a few days longer.
The project took three years to complete and cost almost $12 million dollars.
The old bridge was considered one of the worst in our state, according to AAA Carolinas.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew