HOLLY SPRINGS, WTVD - A husband and wife were found dead in an apparent murder/suicide in the 200 block of Hidden Stream Drive in Holly Springs around 9 a.m. Monday.
Pictures showed police cars and other emergency vehicles parked in front of the home. There was yellow crime tape up around the yard up onto the porch of the house.
Police have identified the couple involved as Robert and Amber Seymore.
The Holly Springs Police Department is investigating the incident as a murder/suicide, Autopsies will be performed by the medical examiner's office to determine the exact cause of death.
Police said the couple had three children. Two of the children - ages 6 and 8 - were at school at the time. A 2 year old was home in the house. Amber Seymore's mother discovered the bodies and called 911.
Police said Amber Seymore call 911 on Thanksgiving. She told operators that her husband may have been having an affair and that he was a gun owner.
Neighbors said Robert Seymore was a retired law-enforcement officer from California. The family had lived in Holly Springs for about two years.
--For more information, visit WTVD
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact